Friday, October 30, 2009

Cencoroll

The trailers for this short film have been getting people excited; with one man doing most of the work, it took a while to complete, but now Cencoroll is actually out.

It is pleasantly understated.
I don't really think it has the pulse-pounding action or boldly drawn characters it needs to really get a lot of attention, but it has a lot of fascinating moments, and an off-kilter grasp of characterization and plot development that belies the library of congress summary. I think I wound up liking it more than I enjoyed it, but even then, it feels more like a first episode than a complete work, especially with the post credits sequel bait.

1 comment:

  1. >> I don't really think it has the pulse-pounding action or boldly drawn characters it needs to really get a lot of attention

    Right on. There was something understated, something good, but it's just hard to find it appealing as a gut feeling.

    ReplyDelete